The sale of Avista must be approved by the Public Utilities Commissions of all affected states.
What can you do? The Washington Utilities and Transportation Commission is taking comments from rate payers on this sale.
- You can comment to the Washington Utilities and Transportation commission at:
- Use their on line form at https://www.utc.wa.gov/consumers/Pages/publicComment.aspx
- E-mail firstname.lastname@example.org;
- Call toll-free 1-888-333-WUTC (9882)
- Write the UTC at: P.O Box 47250, Olympia, WA 98504-7250
- Include a return address and a description of the filing.
- Refer to Docket No. U-170970 – Joint application of HYDRO ONE LIMITED and AVISTA CORPORATION
- DO IT SOON !!! The public comment period does come to an end. I called the UTC 5/16/18, and they could not tell me when the comment period will end.
- Read the rest of this stuff.
- Contact your elected officials and bring this to their attention. Your Mayor. Your County Commissioner. Your US. Representative.
Contact information for people not in Washington State for lodging comments on the Avista sale to HYDRO ONE:
Idaho Public Utilities Commission: www.puc.idaho.gov
Public Service Commission of Montana: www.psc.mt.gov
Oregon Public Utillities Commission: www.puc.state.or.us
Regulatory Commission of Alaska: www.commerce.alaska.gov/web/consumerservices.aspx